Top 10 Tips for Success in Competitive Entrance Exams
- #1 Read & Understand About Exam. The first step is to understand the exam for which you are applying.
- #2 Organize Study Area.
- #3 Explore Syllabus.
- #4 Plan Timetable.
- #5 Eliminate Distractions.
- #6 Following Healthy Lifestyle.
- #7 Be Motivated.
- #8 Practice.
What are the topics in English for competitive exams?
Topics of General English for Competitive Exams
- Rules For Tenses.
- Rules For Prepositions.
- List of Prepositions.
- Rules and List of Conjunctions.
- Active And Passive Voice Rules.
- List of One Word Substitutions.
- List of Homophones/Homonyms.
- List of Synonyms and Antonyms.
Which English book is best for competitive exam?
English Books for competitive exams: These books will help you improve your English
- Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi.
- English Grammar & Composition by S.C. Gupta.
- Objective English for Competitive Examination by Hari Mohan Prasad & Uma Sinha.
- Tips & Techniques in English for Competitive Exams by Disha Experts.
How can I improve my exam vocabulary?
Exam skills: 5 tips about building vocabulary
Why do students fail in competitive exams?
Another major reason why students fail to crack competitive exams is the presence of too many distractions. Rather than concentrating on the goals, students are often inspired by success stories. They spend more time reading through an article about other’s success and doesn’t spend time on their preparations.
How many hours should I study for competitive exams?
Working hard is extremely important if you are really planning on doing well in a particular exam. It can really help you a lot. So make sure you are spending at least 6 to 7 hours on studying.
Which app is best for English grammar?
The 8 Best English Grammar Apps to Improve Your Language Skills
- LearnEnglish Grammar.
- Johnny Grammar Word Challenge.
- Grammar Express (Super Edition)
- English Grammar in Use.
- English with Lingualeo.
- Mad Libs.
How can I crack English?
This Blog Includes:
- Read Newspapers Regularly.
- Keep Revising Grammar Rules.
- Prepare for the Reading Comprehension.
- Excel at Spotting Errors.
- Build a Strong Vocabulary.
- Work on Your Listening Skills.
- Time Management.
How can I prepare English grammar?
Try FluentU for FREE!
- Begin by Learning the Rules.
- Practice Each Rule One at a Time.
- When in Doubt, Always Return to the Rules.
- Learn from Your Favorite Mistakes.
- Give Yourself Time.
- Make Grammar Practice Fun.
Why English is important in competitive exams?
In competitive exams, English language incorporates three important sections: grammar, vocabulary, and comprehension. English Language plays a very important role in banking and other competitive exams. This is an important facet where the exam conducting committees judge your possible ways to stand out from the crowd.
Which publication is best for competitive exams?
Best Books for Competitive Exams
- General knowledge manual – Pearson.
- General manual – Lucent’s.
- General Studies – Disha.
- General knowledge 2020 – Arihant.
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations – R.S. Aggarwal.
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic – Rajesh Verma.
- Quantitative Aptitude Test – N.K. Singh.
How can I master English grammar?
How can I master English grammar?
- 11 Steps To Master English Grammar On Your Own.
- Choose your learning base.
- Start with the subject you don’t know or from the very beginning.
- Study the rules.
- Retell the rules to yourself.
- Do the exercises.
- Learn what you have to learn by heart — use spaced repetition and active recall testing for better results.
How can I improve my vocabulary in 30 days?
How To Improve Your Vocabulary In 30 Days
- Make use of new words.
- Read every single day.
- Improve Your Vocabulary: Keep a thesaurus closeby.
- Learn everyday vocabulary.
- Learn new words each day.
- A dictionary is your best friend.
- Improve Your Vocabulary: Play word games.
- DIY vocabulary tests.
How do you understand hard words?
- Make a vocabulary list before you begin.
- Don’t define every word.
- Use context clues.
- Look for word roots, prefixes and suffixes that you know.
- Break up sentences into chunks.
- Look for related words and ideas.
- Read and summarize.
Is it OK to fail in exam?
Failing an exam doesn’t make you any less intelligent or less capable of achieving success in life than those who got better results. Just think that the failure you had in exams was just another step towards success. Just have the courage and strength to overcome this failure and move on.
Why do I get low marks?
Most common causes of getting low marks in the examination are as follows: A Student May Not Know How to Study Productively: Most of the students do not know the proper method of study. They think study means merely reading the words.
Why do students get low marks?
Sometimes a student studies a lot but he gets lesser marks in exam because he may not be aware of test taking strategies which tells him how to express his learning in best way in exam or reproduce his learning in a good way in exam to convince the checker to give you more marks.
How many hours do top students sleep?
Students at most schools get the same amount of shut-eye on average—7 hours and 3 minutes— which is within the range recommended by experts. But students at top-ranked schools showed an intriguing pattern: They tend to fall asleep late, after 1 AM, compared to their counterparts further down the rankings.
What time is best for memorizing?
The Best Time to Learn Something New
Learning is most effective when the brain is in acquisition mode, generally between 10:00 am to 2:00 p.m. and then again from 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Night owls beware: think twice before pulling an all-nighter.
How can I improve my English vocabulary and grammar app?
- Vocabulary Builder – Test Prep. Magoosh. Build your vocabulary with 1200+ words & prep for your exams with Magoosh!
- Learn English Vocabulary. Visual App. Learn English words!
- Vocabulary Builder: Daily Word. Rishabh.
- English Grammar App. bbest.
- English Grammar: Learn & Test. Milinix – Learn English Easily.
Is there a free grammar app?
Save money with free grammar apps
- Grammarly (Free and premium) There is no doubt that Grammarly is a terrific app.
- Prowritingaid (Free and premium)
- Scribens (Free and Premium)
- Linguix (Free and Premium)
- Ginger Grammar (Free and premium)
- Hemingway Editor (Free)
- QuillBot (Free)
- Language Tool (Free and premium)
Which is the best English learning app in India?
List of Top 10 English Learning App in India 2021
- HELLO TALK – Get English Speaking Partners.
- GRAMMARLY – App For Writing English.
- FLUENT U – Media Based English Learning App.
- Memrise – Language learning app.
- Cambly for learning English.
- ECL English learning app.
- Babbel – App for English speaking.
- Enguru English learning app.
What is General English syllabus?
Programme Objectives: The programme aims to – 1. Enable the students to acquire the communication skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing through a learning-centred curriculum comprising skills of intensive reading, extensive reading, written communication and oral communication.
What are the topics in general English?
General English Syllabus for Competitive Exams
|Comprehension||Reading Comprehension on any random topic|
|Grammar||Sentence Correction/Error Spotting|
|Multiple Meaning Questions|
|Direct & Indirect Speech|
What are the basic English grammar?
Basic Grammar Terms
- NOUN: The name of a person, place, or thing.
- PRONOUN: A word used to refer to a noun, usually used to avoid repetition.
- VERB: A word that expresses action (verb tenses treated later).
- ADJECTIVE: A word used to modify (describe) a noun or pronoun.
How can I make my sentence better?
6 Tips for Writing Good Sentences
- Keep it simple. Long sentences or overly complex sentences don’t necessarily make sophisticated sentence writing.
- Use concrete rhetoric.
- Employ parallelism.
- Mind your grammar.
- Properly punctuate.
- Practice writing.
How can I improve my sentence formation while speaking?
Today, we’ll take a look at four things that English learners can do in order to improve their sentence structure:
- Practice using relative clauses.
- Practice using compound sentences.
- Practice using complex sentences.
- Practice using the active and passive voice.
How can I improve my grammar mistake when speaking?
Rules of error-free speaking and writing
- Use simple language. Some beginners try to build very complicated sentences with things like the present perfect tense or conditionals.
- Be slow and careful.
- If you’re not sure how to say something, don’t say it.
- When writing, always look things up.
- Know where you can screw up.