How do I overcome my fear of exams?
How to overcome exam fear?
- Feel confident and stay optimistic.
- Create a timetable for every subject and follow it religiously.
- Don’t postpone revision.
- When you are not able to focus, take a few minutes break.
- When it is a complex topic, discuss it with your friends or draw flowcharts for easy remembrance.
How can I motivate myself before an exam?
Good Luck Texts and Messages for Someone Studying for an Exam
- Wish them luck with an uplifting message or motivational quote!
- You’re doing great, sweetie!
- This’ll be a piece of cake!
- Don’t watch the clock—do what it does: keep going.
- You are strong.
- Studying sucks, but success is sweet.
- You will beat this.
How can I study without panicking?
Quick tips for managing anxiety
- take a deep breath and say ‘I can do this’
- speak to family, friends or a health professional.
- practice relaxation exercises before you need them.
- focus on the task, not what others might be thinking.
- remember times you have performed well in the past.
Why do I get so nervous before exams?
Fuel Your Brain
Often, students can get so caught up in studying for exams that they forget to take care of themselves. Your body needs food to operate. Food is energy for your body and mind. Anxiety and nervousness often stem from a poor diet.
How do I stay positive during exams?
8 Ways to Keep a Positive Mindset During Exams
- Treat your revision timetable like a Ryanair schedule.
- Reward yourself, lots.
- Indulge silly alternatives.
- Use mental tricks to keep yourself distracted.
- Make your exam season strategy clear to friends and family.
- Allow yourself to enjoy revision, if you can.
What should I think before an exam?
7 THINGS TO THINK ABOUT THE NIGHT BEFORE AN EXAM
- POSITIVE IMAGERY. Visualize yourself in a positive exam setting.
- YOUR BEST PERFORMANCE. Reminisce on all of your previous performances in which you delivered exceptional results.
- YOUR PREPARATION.
- FOCUS ON YOURSELF.
- THE CHALLENGE.
- OVERCOMING SETBACKS.
- A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP.
Who invented exam?
Henry Fischel, an American businessman and philanthropist, was the first person who invented exams, and Imperial Examination was the first exam conducted in China. Was this answer helpful?
What is fear of exams called?
Examinophobia – The Fear of Exams is Genuine. If you regularly become excessively nervous before or during an important exam, you may have examinophobia that is exam fever. This is a very common phenomenon among students especially when an important examination is approaching next to you.
How do I avoid friends during exams?
How to Avoid Friends While Studying
- 1 Study at home when you can.
- 2 Try the library for a quiet study session.
- 3 Go to a coffee shop for a change of scenery.
- 4 Create a study plan to stay focused.
- 5 Change your phone and computer settings.
- 6 Use a productivity app to stop checking social media.
What is the dua before an exam?
Open up my heart and make my task easy for me, and loosen the knot from my tongue so that they might fully understand my speech.” (Quran-20:25–28). This was a prayer said by Prophet Musa (Moses) before he spoke to the Pharaoh. Personally, I always get anxiety before major exams, and this dua always calms me down.
Can studying make you depressed?
Stress and depression while studying and choosing a programme of studies can sometimes be the basis of a depression.
How can I control my emotions while studying?
Here are some pointers to get you started.
- Take a look at the impact of your emotions. Intense emotions aren’t all bad.
- Aim for regulation, not repression.
- Identify what you’re feeling.
- Accept your emotions — all of them.
- Keep a mood journal.
- Take a deep breath.
- Know when to express yourself.
- Give yourself some space.
Why can’t I focus on studying anymore?
It could be that you’re not interested in the topics you’re studying. It could be that your values have changed, or that you don’t value being the “top of the class” as much you used to. It could be that you’re tired and need a break.
Should we be afraid of exams?
If students encounter exam fear or stress, they will not be able to perform well. Fear usually leads to stress, thus developing anxiety and depression in students. This ultimately results in performing poorly in exams.