Although I tried to hurry, I didn’t make it to class before the bell. After the game was over, we went to Subway to eat.
What is fanboys and Aaawwubbis?
This GREAT conjunction test is a one-page, two-section test that asks students to list 7 coordinating conjunctions (FANBOYS) and 10 subordinating conjunctions (AAAWWUBBIS) and then to identify conjunctions in a sentence as well as classify them as coordinating, subordinating, or correlative.
What is compound complex sentence example?
A compound-complex sentence is comprised of at least two independent clauses and one or more dependent clauses. Example: Though Mitchell prefers watching romantic films, he rented the latest spy thriller, and he enjoyed it very much.
What are examples of complex sentences?
Here’s an example of a complex sentence: Because my pizza was cold, I put it in the microwave. This sentence has an independent clause (“I put it in the microwave”) and a dependent clause (“Because my pizza was cold”) so it’s a complex sentence.
What is a list of subordinating conjunctions?
The most common subordinate conjunctions in the English language include: than, rather than, whether, as much as, whereas, that, whatever, which, whichever, after, as soon as, as long as, before, by the time, now that, once, since, till, until, when, whenever, while, though, although, even though, who, whoever, whom, …
What are the 7 subordinating conjunctions?
Subordinating conjunctions are conjunctions that are used at the beginning of subordinate clauses. Some examples of these conjunctions are
although, after, before, because, how, if, once, since, so that, until, unless, when etc.
What are the 7 coordinating conjunctions?
English has seven coordinating conjunctions—for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so—which you can remember using the mnemonic FANBOYS: For indicates causation: “We left a day early, for the weather was not as clement as we had anticipated.”
What is an Awwubus?
SUBORDINATING CONJUNCTIONS (AWUBIS) o Subordinating conjunctions create dependent clauses. o A dependent clause is a group of words that cannot stand alone in a sentence because it does not express a complete thought. It must be paired with an independent clause in either a complex or complex/compound sentence.
What are 20 examples of complex sentences?
30 Complex Sentences Examples
- Ali wants to attend this meeting but her family issues restrained him.
- As soon as Adam leaves the class, I will start reading loud.
- Even though we were rich, we drive antique cars.
- He cannot come with you, he have to go to office.
- He didn’t want to go to the dentist, though he is very sick.
What are 10 examples of compound-complex sentence?
10 examples of compound complex sentences
- If the ozone layer collapses, the global community will suffer.
- While I was cooking he was still playing games on the computer.
- Although I miss him so much, I cannot go to him because I do not have money.
What are 50 examples of compound sentences?
50 Useful Examples of Compound Sentences
- I want to see the movie
it’s about a girl who plays soccer.
- She is not sure if she will succeed
she has no experience.
- They didn’t like the food
they left the restaurant.
- She is good at sports
she works as a trainer.
- He was taking pictures of the game
he had a good camera.
What are 5 examples of complex compound sentences?
Compound Complex Sentences Examples
- When I grow up, I want to be a ballerina, and my mom is proud of me.
- I will get to watch television, but first, I have to clean up the dishes after we finish eating.
- We won the game, but my uniform was muddy because it rained the entire time.
What are sentences 10 examples?
Here are 10 examples of sentences
- Mary enjoys cooking.
- She likes bananas.
- They speak English at work.
- The train does not leave at 12 AM.
- I have no money at the moment.
- Do they talk a lot ?
- Does she drink coffee?
- You run to the party.
What are 5 examples of simple sentences?
Examples of simple sentences include the following:
- Joe waited for the train. “Joe” = subject, “waited” = verb.
- The train was late.
- Mary and Samantha took the bus.
- I looked for Mary and Samantha at the bus station.
- Mary and Samantha arrived at the bus station early but waited until noon for the bus.
What are the 25 subordinating conjunctions?
25 Subordinating Conjunctions
- A. “After dinner, we’ll go see a movie.”
- W. “When we’re done, let’s get some ice cream.”
- I. “If you find out, please let me know.”
- T. “That I like wearing red — that has never been in dispute.”
- E. “Even if it is true, I’ll forgive him.”
What are the 50 subordinating conjunctions?
Learn 50 subordinating conjunctions list in English grammar.
- as if.
- as long as.
- as much as.
- as soon as.
- as though.
What are 5 examples of subordinate clause?
Examples of Subordinate Clauses:
- Because I said so (I=subject
- When I was five (I=subject
- Since it will rain today (it=subject
- Who is my best friend (not written as a question-who=subject
- If you pass the test (you=subject
What are 20 examples of conjunctions?
20 Examples of Conjunction In A Sentence
- 1). We decided to play on even though it was raining.
- 3). Just as I got up with the train, it drove away.
- 5). He won’t win however hard he tries.
- 6). He would rather play than work.
- 7). He cried because he had hurt his knee.
- 8). Although he was ill, he went to work.
What is a Subordinator?
A subordinator is a word or morphological marker which often stands peripherally in a clause and indicates the subordinate status of the clause marked by it. In addition, subordinators often give information about the semantic kind of subordination (complement clause, relative clause, adverbial clause).
What are the 4 types of conjunctions?
There are four kinds of conjunctions: coordinating conjunctions, correlative conjunctions, subordinating conjunctions, and conjunctive adverbs.
What are the 10 examples of coordinating conjunctions?
Examples of Coordinating Conjunctions
- Alex stood first and got a prize.
- Robin and Russel went the beach.
- Sleep now or you will miss the class tomorrow.
- Robin did not try hard so he did not succeed.
- He is sad but not broken.
- Rita, as well as Shaun, came here yesterday.
- Shaun played well still he lost.
What are some common Subordinators?
Subordinator. Relationship/Meaning. although, even though, though, whereas, while. contrast. since, because.
What are the 3 types of conjunction?
A conjunction is a word that is used to connect words, phrases, and clauses. There are many conjunctions in the English language, but some common ones include and, or, but, because, for, if, and when. There are three basic types of conjunctions: coordinating, subordinating, and correlative.
What are fanboys thamos and Swabis?
FANBOYS: For, And, But, Or, Yet, So represent coordinating conjunctions. SWABI: Since, When, And, Because, and If represent subordinating conjunctions. THAMOS: Therefore, However, As if, Meanwhile, and Otherwise represent conjunctive adverbs.
What is comma splice?
A comma splice error occurs when sentences or independent clauses are improperly connected by a comma alone. Examples of Comma Splice Errors: The clouds were dark, we thought it would rain. I bought a coat, however, it did not fit.
Is although a fanboy?
Is although a fanboy?
- Jessica left the deserted station and headed for the next stop.
- The fanboys consist of seven words: for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so.
- introduce an independent clause or a complete thought.
- The wabbits include when, where, while, after, although, before, because, if, though, and since.