Instead, general knowledge has to be learned daily from various sources.
- Watching TV. Surely you watch TV for a few hours daily.
- Listen to the Radio.
- Read Newspapers & Magazines.
- General Knowledge Websites.
- GK Apps.
- General Knowledge Books.
- Attend Quiz Contests.
- Participate in Quiz Contests.
How do I start preparing for general studies?
So for beginners, the best way to start the preparation for GS is to study all the NCERT from class VI to class XII for History, Geography, Economics, and Polity, the NCERT books for class XII and XII must be studied in addition to the lower class NCERTs.
How do you master general knowledge?
In short, general education presupposes general knowledge.
- read more books.
- use knowledge apps.
- play knowledge intensive social games.
- start unusual learning actions.
- watch documentaries and knowledge programs.
- take courses.
- know categories of general knowledge and improve knowledge specifically.
Which stream is best for general competition?
Which stream is best for competitive exams?
- For IAS it is better to have arts as your stream but there is no problem if you are not from arts but from science ane commerce . you just need to have the basic knowledge of social sciences from the school level itself.
- For CAT, commerce is generally considered the best .
Who was the father of GK?
Students should know the important ones so that they maximize their chances of scoring in GK.List of Famous Fathers of the World:
|Sr. No.||Father of||Person|
Which app is best for General knowledge?
Best general knowledge apps for android
- GK Quiz.
- Khan Academy.
- Udemy Online Courses.
What are the topics in general studies?
As per the UPSC syllabus, General Studies Paper 1 covers subjects like Indian History, Indian and World Geography, Economics, Indian Polity, Science and Technology, Environment, and Current Affairs.
How do you complete general studies?
Before I go into the books, some general points on preparation and approach:
- Make notes as you read.
- The basic approach should be STUDY-REVISE-IMPROVISE.
- Dont use guides, standard preparatory material or NCERT text books.
- Keep on referring to UPSC previous years papers to check if you have missed any topic.
What is General Studies in competitive exams?
General studies/knowledge is a discipline that includes facts of almost all subjects such as geography, Indian polity, history, science, sports, current affairs, economy and many other miscellaneous topics. It is one discipline that makes us understand all the subjects.
Which is the best website for General knowledge?
GKToday is India’s top website for GK (General Knowledge), General Studies, Current Affairs and Aptitude for UPSC, SSC, Banking / IBPS, IAS, NTSE, CLAT, Railways, NDA, CDS, Judiciary, UPPSC, RPSC, GPSC, MPSC, MPPSC and other states civil services / government job recruitment examinations of India.
Which field is best for competitive exams?
What are the best competitive courses in India that assure a great career?
- Professional Courses at the Highest Level :
- 1.Civil Services Examination –
- 2.MBA/BBA in Management –
- 3.Law, BA LLB/LLB –
- 4.Finance -B.Com(Bachelors of Commerce)/CA (Chartered Accountant) –
- 5.Mass Communications –
Which subject is best for competitive exams?
Table of Contents:
- Reasoning Ability and General Intelligence.
- Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation.
- English Language/ Verbal Ability.
- General Awareness and Current Affairs.
- Computer Knowledge.
Which exam is best after 12th?
Some of the popular Government exams after 12th are:
- SSC Exams.
- SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level. Upper Division Clerk (UDC) Lower Division Clerk (LDC) Postal Assistant (PA)
- SSC Stenographer.
- SSC GD Constable Exam.
- SSC Multitasking Staff.
- NDA exam for Armed Forces.
- Indian Coast Guard Exam.
- Indian Navy Exam.
What is GK Fullform?
GK Full Form: General Knowledge
General knowledge means a simple knowledge of a field that every human should know because this ordinary knowledge is used by any person in his common life every day.
Who is GK mother?
The mother of general knowledge is Bhikaiji Rustom Cama (GK). Mother of GK : Bhikaiji Cama was born into a large, prosperous Parsi Zoroastrian family in Bombay ( Mumbai).
Who is the father of India?
India celebrates the 152nd birth anniversary of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, fondly known as the ‘Father of the Nation’.
How can I increase my knowledge day by day?
Take a dive and know how to gain knowledge about everything.
- Be Curious. A curious mind is as fertile as a turtle.
- Reading. If curiosity is the path to learn forever, then reading is the concrete that paves it.
- Teach Others.
- Be Mindful and Open.
What are good general knowledge questions?
- Which animal is known as the ‘Ship of the Desert”?
- How many days are there in a week?
- How many hours are there in a day?
- How many letters are there in the English alphabet?
- Rainbow consist of how many colours?
- How many days are there in a year?
Which is the best app for GK and current affairs?
Ans. There are multiple current affairs apps available for competitive exam preparation, but one of the best among these is the BYJU’S Current Affairs App. It provides daily updated national and international news which are important from the USPC exam preparation.
Can I clear UPSC in 3 months?
UPSC IAS Prelims 3 Month Study Plan: UPSC IAS Prelims Examination is the first and toughest hurdle to clear in the entire UPSC Exam. As we know, the UPSC Civil Services Examination comprises three stages: Prelim, Mains, and Interview.UPSC 2020 Prelims Trend Analysis.
|Subject||Number of Questions|
Which is tough prelims or mains?
The UPSC Mains exam is very tough as compared to the prelims. Consider these stages as a hierarchy which only increases the challenging intensity with every level. Many think that the competition is lower in mains which is true. But the competition is even stronger than before because everyone is on the same level.
How can I start my IAS at home?
Follow the steps outlined below to kickstart your IAS preparation at home:
- Understand the UPSC pattern and procedure first.
- Go through the UPSC syllabus thoroughly.
- Start reading a few books and watch video lectures online for a few basic subjects like polity, history, geography, etc.
- Read the newspaper regularly.
How can I improve my general knowledge in UPSC?
Read on to know more about how to study current affairs for UPSC prelims & mains….Current Affairs Preparation for UPSC:
- India Year Book.
- Newspaper- The Hindu, Indian Express.
- Manorama Yearbook.
- Economic Survey.
- Mathrubhumi Yearbook.
- Current Affairs – Arihant.
- Yojana Magazine.
- Kurukshetra Magazine.
How do I prepare GS 3 for mains?
How to prepare for GS Paper 3: Strategy & Tips
- Economic Development: Make small notes for each of the micro topics that are covered in the syllabus.
- Agriculture: A similar approach i.e, of note-making, should be incorporated for studying the topics under the agriculture topic.
How can I study general studies Quora?
Some guidelines before you start your preparation:
- Keep the syllabus in front of you.
- Decide which books/notes you will follow. Stick to the same material till the end of the exam.
- Look into the past question papers to understand how questions have been asked.
- Make your own notes accordingly.
How many subjects are there in general studies?
UPSC Mains Syllabus for General Studies: General Studies is covered more extensively in the IAS Mains exam. Out of a total of 9 papers, 4 are termed General Studies while the Essay paper is loosely related to General studies as topics are selected from random subjects in this paper.
What is the general study?
General Studies is an academic field that does not focus on one specific course of study. Instead, a major in general studies provides students with a breadth of knowledge across disciplines and depth into specific areas of personal interest. General studies degree programs are designed to be well rounded.
What is General Studies in IAS?
GS Paper 1 of UPSC Mains is one of the four general studies papers. It is a subjective type of paper consisting of subjects like History, Geography, Art and Culture, and Indian Society. Along with GS Paper 1, there are eight other papers in the Mains stage of the IAS Exam.