10 Quick Tips for Successful Exam Preparation
- Give yourself enough time to study.
- Use flow charts and diagrams.
- Practice on old exams.
- Explain your answers to others.
- Organize study groups with friends.
- Take regular breaks.
- Plan the day of your exams.
- Drink plenty of water.
How do I study for a test book?
How to Prepare for an Open Book Test
- Read the chapters ahead of time.
- Know where to find everything.
- Mark all important terms with sticky notes and flags.
- Review lecture notes for themes.
- Make your own notes if allowed, and write down important formulas or concepts that you’ve covered in class.
How do I ace all my exams?
How to Ace Your Exams
- Go to class prepared.
- Do your homework and read the textbook.
- Use colour.
- Write out what you need to remember.
- Have a study group of friends.
- Take breaks in between studying.
- Sleep is important.
How can I pass without studying in exams?
12 Study Hacks To Pass Exams Without Studying
- Find a work place you prefer: Find a suitable work place that is comfortable and be ready to spend your last minute jitters there.
- Assemble your requirements and ditch your distractions: Be prepared with your paper, notes, text books, water bottle.
How do Toppers study?
Take restricted but nutritious diet and keep the negative thoughts away from your mind. Avoid losing sleep and do not disturb your sleep pattern. Practice meditation and breathing exercise for increasing your concentration. Probably the most important among the habits of toppers!
How do you get 100 in all exams?
Tips and tricks to tackle those difficult areas prior to your board exams.
- Plan your schedule:
- Note-making is an effective method:
- Solve previous years’ question papers:
- Understand the concepts while studying:
- Group study can help:
How can I study smart?
10 proven tips to study smarter, not harder
- Study in short chunks. Short study sessions help the synapses in your brain process information much better than lots of information in long sessions.
- Get in the zone.
- Sleep well and exercise.
- Write flash cards.
- Connect the dots.
- Set goals.
- Aim to teach it.
- Read aloud and recall.
How do I study a long book?
Be Your Own Teacher: How to Study a Textbook
- Select a small chunk (a few paragraphs at most) of your textbook.
- Read the section carefully, jotting down what you feel are the key points and important information to remember.
- Form questions that would elicit these key points as responses.
How can I read a book without getting bored?
Here are 14 tips on how to read a boring book without getting distracted:
- Be clear on WHY you want to read that book. Ask yourself, why you are reading that ‘boring’ book.
- Eliminate or reduce distractions.
- Take Breaks!
- Use a visual guide for your eyes.
- Underline or highlight the texts.
- Find someone to read with you.
How do I study?
How To Study Effectively
- Get organized. Carry a homework planner at all times.
- Pay attention in class.
- Steer clear of distractions.
- Make sure notes are complete.
- Ask questions if you don’t understand.
- Make a study schedule/plan.
- Review notes from class every evening.
- Talk to teachers.
How can I get first in exam?
How to ace exams – 25 top tips for better results
- #1 Understand your situation. So often, test taking is really a matter of motivation.
- #2 Start studying on the first day of class.
- #3 Know that you are alone.
- #4 Trust no one.
- #5 Know your enemy.
- #6 Find old tests.
- #7 Find recent test-takers.
- #8 Be selfish.
Should I study the day of an exam?
You don’t want to spend all day studying as it’ll wear you out the day of your test. Plus, you’re unlikely to remember every piece of information you cram in such a short amount of time! The most important point to remember is this: don’t use this day (or night) as an intense study session.
Who invented exam?
Henry Fischel, an American businessman and philanthropist, was the first person who invented exams, and Imperial Examination was the first exam conducted in China.
How can I get full marks in maths?
How to Score good marks in Maths
- Clear your Doubt First: Pupils tend to avoid the chapter they find difficult to understand.
- Read the description carefully:
- Manage your time.
- Always check answers:
- Write it down.
- Help your friends to solve their problems.
- Keep your solution Neat and Clean.
- Make the best of technology.
How do you pass math?
Easy way to pass mathematics
- Having the right mindset and right attitude towards mathematics.
- Have all maths tools required for effective maths revision.
- Be equipped with maths concepts and maths formulas.
- Practice everyday.
- Embrace group discussion.
- Avoid a distractive environment when doing maths.
Which time is best for study?
That said, science has indicated that learning is most effective between 10 am to 2 pm and from 4 pm to 10 pm, when the brain is in an acquisition mode. On the other hand, the least effective learning time is between 4 am and 7 am.
Are toppers born?
Toppers not born, they are ordinary humans who choose to go for the extra. It’s the years of dedication, hard work and clear motive that makes a topper.
Why do I sleep when I study?
A major cause of falling asleep while studying is getting too comfortable. The main tip for this would be to not study in your bed. Keep your study area and sleeping area separate so that your brain can clearly differentiate between the two. Preferably sit on a desk and chair with your back straight.
How do you get 90 in all subjects?
8 ways to Score More than 90% in CBSE Class 10 Board Exams 2020
- Start Your Preparation Right Now.
- Chalk Out a Proper Timetable.
- Stick to Your Syllabus.
- Practise Solving Previous Years’ Question Papers and Sample Papers.
- Work on Your Weak Areas.
- Strict ‘No’ to Social Media.
- Night Just Before the Exam.
- During the Exam Time.
How can I become first in class?
To achieve the first rank in your class, you will have to stay disciplined and study hard throughout the year. Take part in class activities and do all of your homework on time, including reading assignments. Organize your study time, test yourself, and eliminate distractions that will reduce your productivity.
How can I get top marks in class?
- Try not to worry about bad marks on previous exams.
- Make notes while studying.
- Make a list of all the things you need to do to study for each subject, and how long you think it will take you.
- Have a good night’s sleep and wake up early in the morning to go over the topic.
What is the secret of studying?
If we had only one sentence to tell you the secret, it would be this: The secret to doing well is testing yourself on what you’ve studied — asking yourself questions, retrieving the answers, going back and restudying what you didn’t know, and testing yourself again and again until you learn the material.
How can I learn 10x faster?
These 10 Scientific Ways to Learn Anything Faster Could Change Everything You Know About Dramatically Improving Your Memory
- Say out loud what you want to remember.
- Take notes by hand, not on a computer.
- Chunk your study sessions.
- Test yourself.
- Change the way you practice.
- Exercise regularly.
- Get more sleep.
Should I study tired?
The answer is yes, and no. Obviously, a late-night cramming session will is better than not studying at all, but a UCLA study proved that students performed worse on their exams if depriving themselves of sleep when they analyzed the association between time studied the night beforehand and subsequent performance.
How do I study like a teacher?
Let’s begin with a couple of basics: Go to class and pay attention. Getting there on time shows respect for your teacher and your peers. Manage your time so you can get to school, keep your focus when you’re there, and do the homework and studying necessary to perform well. Once you’re in class, tune in.
How can I love reading and studying?
How to Keep Your Love of Reading
- Get essential reading out of the way early. Before you start university, you will probably be sent a list of books you will be studying in each module.
- Read what you enjoy.
- Make use of your journeys.
- Put that phone down.
- Try out new authors.
- Never give up!
How can I cover my syllabus fast?
Exam preparation tips for students that will help them to complete the syllabus in a short time. Divide your study period in 2 hours each. Take a break of 15-20 minutes after every 2 hours of long studying. When taking a break from studying keep your mind free from any exam-related thoughts and stress.
How can I force myself to read?
Spark a passion for reading: 15 ways to motivate daily reading…
- Boost motivation, and you’ll boost reading.
- Read aloud.
- Increase text variety.
- Make time for reading.
- Dispel the “good reader” myth.
- Believe every child will read.
- Keep reading aloud.
- Provide the just-right level of challenge.
Are textbooks bad?
Textbooks are not bad. They are not evil. They do not replace a teacher, but they can support or discourage quality teaching practices based on standards by their content. Textbook publishers need to quit promising the world and promise they are doing more to support students and teachers instead of their profit line.
Why are most books boring?
Many people are bored when reading not because the books themselves are boring, but because of other factors like the brain’s dopamine reward system, bad memories associated with being forced to read in school, and distractions.