10 tips for exam preparation
- Get enough sleep. Staying up late to cram for exams is probably the worst thing you can do.
- Organise your study space.
- Organise study groups.
- Explain concepts to others.
- Practise on past exam papers.
- Take regular breaks and get some exercise.
- Snack on healthy food.
- Plan your exam day.
How should I study for exams?
5 tips to study effectively for your exams
- Plan a study timetable. Feel assured you will cover your material in time with a realistic study timetable.
- Prepare your study area.
- Keep healthy: eat, sleep and move.
- Minimise distractions and overcome procrastination.
- Take breaks for your wellbeing.
How do Toppers study?
Take restricted but nutritious diet and keep the negative thoughts away from your mind. Avoid losing sleep and do not disturb your sleep pattern. Practice meditation and breathing exercise for increasing your concentration. Probably the most important among the habits of toppers!
How do you get 100 in all exams?
Tips and tricks to tackle those difficult areas prior to your board exams.
- Plan your schedule:
- Note-making is an effective method:
- Solve previous years’ question papers:
- Understand the concepts while studying:
- Group study can help:
Which is the best time to study?
That said, science has indicated that learning is most effective between 10 am to 2 pm and from 4 pm to 10 pm, when the brain is in an acquisition mode. On the other hand, the least effective learning time is between 4 am and 7 am.
How can I focus on studying?
7 tips for staying organised and focused while studying
- Make a plan.
- Create a relaxed study environment.
- Take regular breaks.
- Don’t get distracted by social media.
- Drink plenty of water and eat well.
- Reward yourself.
- Don’t do all-nighters, you will regret it!
How can I study smarter?
7 College Tips on How to Study Smarter Not Harder
- Pick up the reins of your education.
- Take old-fashioned notes.
- Cut down on busy-work.
- Do things while they are fresh on your mind.
- Take care of yourself physically.
- Know what study space works for you.
- Know your best studying time.
Are toppers born?
Toppers not born, they are ordinary humans who choose to go for the extra. It’s the years of dedication, hard work and clear motive that makes a topper.
Why do I sleep when I study?
A major cause of falling asleep while studying is getting too comfortable. The main tip for this would be to not study in your bed. Keep your study area and sleeping area separate so that your brain can clearly differentiate between the two. Preferably sit on a desk and chair with your back straight.
What is the secret of toppers?
The most unknown secret about toppers is that they devote as high as 70% of their time in practice. The more they practice, the higher they score in the examinations. If you want to improve your recall during exam time, the best way is to recall the information multiple times in multiple contexts before the exam.
How do you become an A+ student?
The 21 Secrets of A+ Students
- Know your learning style.
- Color code your notes.
- Start assignments immediately.
- Follow the instructions.
- Break tasks down into manageable chunks.
- Use technology to help you focus.
- Find an environment with few distractions.
- Study smart not hard.
How can I top in exam?
Ten Top Tips for Exams
- Answer the right number of questions. Read any instructions carefully.
- Answer the question asked.
- Take your time.
- You can’t memorise everything.
- Practise previous exam questions.
- Don’t panic if you think you’ve gone blank.
- Learn to use your breath.
- Take care of yourself.
How can I become first in class?
To achieve the first rank in your class, you will have to stay disciplined and study hard throughout the year. Take part in class activities and do all of your homework on time, including reading assignments. Organize your study time, test yourself, and eliminate distractions that will reduce your productivity.
How can I memorize faster?
9 Steps to Learn How to Memorize Something Fast
- Record What You’re Memorizing.
- Write Everything Down.
- Section Your Notes.
- Use the Memory Palace Technique.
- Apply Repetition to Cumulative Memorization.
- Teach It to Someone.
- Listen to the Recordings Continuously.
Should I sleep or study?
Scores of studies conclude that students really do better when they sleep. Sleeping poorly (or not at all) leads to worse test results and poorer ability to learn new things. In fact, an all nighter hurts your ability to think, reason, and understand to the same degree as if you were taking your test drunk.
Is it OK to study at night?
Studying at night before sleeping is OK, provided that the individual is not yet sleepy. Scientists confirm that the brain is able to process information better right before bedtime. No matter the preferred time to study, one must get ample sleep to give the brain enough time to rest and recover.
How Do I Stop overthinking when studying?
How to stay focused while studying, a guide:
- Find a suitable environment.
- Create a study ritual.
- Block distracting websites + apps on your phone, tablet, and computer.
- Divide up + space out study sessions.
- Use the Pomodoro Technique.
- Find the best tools.
- Focus on skills, not grades.
- Schedule downtime.
How do I motivate myself to study?
10 ways to motivate yourself to study
- Acknowledge your resistance and difficult feelings with motivation.
- Do not run away.
- Do not blame yourself for procrastinating now and then.
- Try to understand your studying style better.
- Don’t question your abilities.
- Visualise yourself starting.
- Focus on the task at hand.
Why did I lose interest in studying?
It’s easy to lose interest in your studies, whether you dislike a certain subject, feel overwhelmed by the work, or are just bored in your classes. When you find a way to enjoy what you’re studying, though, you’ll be more motivated to do well in school–and might even have fun doing it!
How many hours should I study per day?
Study Every Day: Establish a daily routine where you study in one place a minimum of 4 -5 hours each day. There are different kinds and ‘levels’ of study discussed below. What is important is that study becomes the centerpiece of your day and the continuous element in your work week. Do not wait for exam-time to study.
How do I study at home?
Download and save a copy of the flyer.
- Establish a Routine.
- Have a Dedicated Study Area.
- Take Notes for Online Classes.
- Keep a Routine for Physical Activity.
- Don’t Forget Your Social Time.
- Create a Study Plan and Share It with Others.
- Eat Well, Sleep Well.
- Avoid Multitasking.
What is the best studying method?
Ten Study Methods That Work
- Making and Keeping a Study Schedule.
- Studying in an Appropriate Setting — Same Time, Same Place, Every Day.
- Equipping Your Study Area With All the Materials You Need.
- Not Relying on Inspiration for Motivation.
- Keeping a Well-Kept Notebook Improves Grades.
- Keeping a Careful Record of Assignments.