- Are two atoms of the same element identical?
- Can water stay liquid below zero degrees Celsius?
- Can you light diamond on fire?
- How bad of an alcoholic do you have to be to have your brain affected?
- How can glass be a liquid if it’s so hard?
- How do I know if something is an acid so I can avoid eating it?
What are basic chemistry questions?
Top Ten Chemistry Questions and Answers
- What Is an Acid? Put simply, an acid is any substance that has pH of less than 7.
- What Are Atoms?
- What Is the Periodic Table?
- What Is the Reactivity Series?
- How Do Glow Sticks Glow?
- How Do You Get Different Coloured Fireworks?
- What Is an Alloy?
- How Does a Match Light?
What is the hardest question in chemistry?
Answer: which has more calories : table sugar or aspartame ? what does synthetic gas (water gas) consist of ?
Who discovered atom?
The idea that everything is made of atoms was pioneered by John Dalton (1766-1844) in a book he published in 1808. He is sometimes called the “father” of atomic theory, but judging from this photo on the right “grandfather” might be a better term.
What is M in chemistry?
Molarity (M) is the amount of a substance in a certain volume of solution. Molarity is defined as the moles of a solute per liters of a solution. Molarity is also known as the molar concentration of a solution.
What are some questions for science?
The 20 big questions in science
- 1 What is the universe made of?
- 2 How did life begin?
- 3 Are we alone in the universe?
- 4 What makes us human?
- 5 What is consciousness?
- 6 Why do we dream?
- 7 Why is there stuff?
- 8 Are there other universes?
What are the five branches of chemistry?
Areas of Chemistry
- Analytical Chemistry.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Inorganic Chemistry.
- Organic Chemistry.
- Physical Chemistry.
What is the old name of chemistry?
The word chemistry derives from the word alchemy, which is found in various forms in European languages. Alchemy derives from the Arabic word kimiya (كيمياء) or al-kīmiyāʾ (الكيمياء).
Is physics harder than chemistry?
Physics is the hardest major
it is harder than chemistry, biology, psychology, computer science, astronomy, biochemistry, and geology. The level of math and the number of abstract concepts in physics is unparalleled.
What does U mean in chemistry?
The unified atomic mass unit (unit symbol: u) is a non-SI unit of mass, defined as one-twelfth the mass of a single 12C atom in its ground state.
Who invented electron?
J.J. Thomson decided to find out for sure. Thomson was a physics professor at Cambridge University in the UK. He placed cathode tubes in electric and magnetic fields.
Who named atoms?
But when it comes to the word atom, we have to go to ancient Greece of 400 B.C. And there was a brilliant philosopher named Democritus, and he proposed the Greek word atomos, which means uncuttable. And so as he explained, all matter was eventually reducible to discrete, small particles or atomos.
Who invented neutron?
In May 1932 James Chadwick announced that the core also contained a new uncharged particle, which he called the neutron. Chadwick was born in1891 in Manchester, England.
What is N in chemistry?
nitrogen (N), nonmetallic element of Group 15 [Va] of the periodic table. It is a colourless, odourless, tasteless gas that is the most plentiful element in Earth’s atmosphere and is a constituent of all living matter.
What does N mean in science?
The newton is the Standard International (SI) unit of force. In physics and engineering documentation, the term newton(s) is usually abbreviated N. One newton is the force required to cause a mass of one kilogram to accelerate at a rate of one meter per second squared in the absence of other force-producing effects.
What is number 23 on the periodic table?
Vanadium – Element information, properties and uses | Periodic Table.
What is the world’s hardest question?
The hardest question ever asked: What is truth?
- Science is based on the correspondence theory of truth, which claims that truth corresponds with facts and reality.
- Various philosophers have put forth substantive challenges to the truth claims made by science.
What are the top 10 GK questions?
- Who is the Father of our Nation?
- Who was the first President of India?
- Who is known as Father of Indian Constitution?
- Which is the most sensitive organ in our body?
- Giddha is the folk dance of?
- Who was the first Prime Minister of India?
- Which is the heavier metal of these two?
- Who invented Computer?
What is a science quiz?
A science quiz is a type of assessment that tests a student’s knowledge about the content and skills learned in a particular science class.
What are the 6 types of chemistry?
Terms in this set (6)
- organic chemistry. the study of most carbon containing compounds.
- inorganic chemistry. the study of non organic substances, many of which have organic fragments bonded to metals.
- physical chemistry.
- analytical chemistry.
- theoretical chemistry.
Which part of chemistry is easy?
TIPS FOR INORGANIC CHEMISTRY
The students whose concepts are clear they feel that ,it’s one of the easiest section of Chemistry and you can solve this section in very less time than other two sections. Best way to prepare for Inorganic Chemistry is to practice through the NCERT book.
What are the 2 main branches of chemistry?
The primary division of the first type is between inorganic chemistry and organic chemistry. Divisions of the second type are physical chemistry and analytical chemistry.