To retain the most information, it’s best to study for at least 20-30 minutes every day in the weeks leading up to the test. Set aside a 30-minute block of time every day to review your notes, go over your flash cards, read new chapters, and work on practice tests.
How can I pass Kcse?
HOW TO PASS KCSE EXAMS IN KENYA #kcse
How can I pass my exam without studying?
12 Study Hacks to pass exams without studying
- Find the right workplace.
- Make the most use of your time.
- Assemble your requirements properly to avoid distractions.
- Compile all your notes.
- Avoid cramming for long hours. Take breaks!
- Prioritize and work accordingly.
- Talk to someone around you.
- Plan as per your requirement.
Is 1 week enough to study for exams?
One week is ample time for you to study, if you convert it in hours you have over 100 hours to study. Set aside at least 4-6 hours a day to study.
How do you get an A?
10 Steps to Help You Get Straight A’s
- STEP 1: Take the right subjects …and school will be a lot easier!
- STEP 2: Work with your teacher …
- STEP 3: Never miss a class …it will always catch up with you!
- STEP 4: Always sit up front …
- STEP 5: Complete your homework before class …so you will be prepared in class!
How can I study smart?
Studying 101: Study Smarter Not Harder
- Reading is not studying. Simply reading and re-reading texts or notes is not actively engaging in the material.
- Understand the Study Cycle.
- Spacing out is good.
- It’s good to be intense.
- Silence isn’t golden.
- Problems are your friend.
- Reconsider multitasking.
- Switch up your setting.
How do you get B+ in KCSE?
The total number of points is 81. The average grade is 81 divided by 8, which equals 10.1 (approximately 10.0 points) which is Grade B+ according to the grading system. This student qualifies to join one of the Public Universities for his good score.
Is KCSE difficult?
Candidates in the on-going Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examinations have expressed concerns over the tests, terming it as one of the most difficult exams they have ever done.
Where do KCSE questions come from?
The workbook – KCSE Made Familiar – contains the questions and answers.
Who invented exam?
Henry Fischel, an American businessman and philanthropist, was the first person who invented exams, and Imperial Examination was the first exam conducted in China. Was this answer helpful?
Does last minute studying work?
Research shows that in general, study is most effective when broken into chunks and broken up by rests. Ideally, in on hour intervals — 50 minutes of study, and then ten minutes of rest. The best use of rest time is to get up from the desk, walk around, and get the blood flowing again.
How can I get full marks in maths?
How to Score good marks in Maths
- Clear your Doubt First: Pupils tend to avoid the chapter they find difficult to understand.
- Read the description carefully:
- Manage your time.
- Always check answers:
- Write it down.
- Help your friends to solve their problems.
- Keep your solution Neat and Clean.
- Make the best of technology.
How do I study like a pro?
7 ways to study like a pro
- Find the right environment for you.
- Create a realistic schedule.
- Set up discussions with classmates.
- Eat, sleep and exercise.
- Take breaks.
- Understand the material rather than memorising it.
- Swap notes with a friend the day before.
How can I remember what I study?
Simple memory tips and tricks
- Try to understand the information first. Information that is organized and makes sense to you is easier to memorize.
- Link it.
- Sleep on it.
- Use distributed practice.
- Write it out.
- Create meaningful groups.
- Use mnemonics.
Which is the best time to study?
That said, science has indicated that learning is most effective between 10 am to 2 pm and from 4 pm to 10 pm, when the brain is in an acquisition mode. On the other hand, the least effective learning time is between 4 am and 7 am.
How can I be top 1 in class?
To achieve the first rank in your class, you will have to stay disciplined and study hard throughout the year. Take part in class activities and do all of your homework on time, including reading assignments. Organize your study time, test yourself, and eliminate distractions that will reduce your productivity.
How do you get an A+ in every class?
The 21 Secrets of A+ Students
- Know your learning style.
- Color code your notes.
- Start assignments immediately.
- Follow the instructions.
- Break tasks down into manageable chunks.
- Use technology to help you focus.
- Find an environment with few distractions.
- Study smart not hard.
How can I be brilliant in all subjects?
10 Habits of Successful Students
- Get Organized. Making a plan for what you’re going to do and when you’re going to do it will make sure you’re always ahead of the curve – literally.
- Don’t multitask.
- Divide it up.
- Set a schedule.
- Take notes.
- Manage your study space.
How can I learn 10x faster?
Here are ten ways, backed by science, to speed up the learning process.
- Say out loud what you want to remember.
- Take notes by hand, not on a computer.
- Chunk your study sessions.
- Test yourself. A lot.
- Change the way you practice.
- Exercise regularly.
- Get more sleep.
- Learn several subjects in succession.
Should I study tired?
The answer is yes, and no. Obviously, a late-night cramming session will is better than not studying at all, but a UCLA study proved that students performed worse on their exams if depriving themselves of sleep when they analyzed the association between time studied the night beforehand and subsequent performance.
Why do I feel sleepy when studying?
The main cause of feeling sleepy while studying is not getting enough sleep at night. Sleeping 7 to 8 hours every night is mandatory to keep in good health. Do not oversleep or under-sleep and stick to a sleeping schedule so that your brain is prepared to start feeling sleepy at the same time each night.
How do I get C+ in KCSE?
- 81 – 100 A.
- 74 – 80 A-
- 67 – 73 B+
- 60 – 66 B.
- 53 – 59 B-
- 46 – 52 C+
- 39 – 45 C.
Why is KCSE so hard?
Sometimes KCSE examiners set questions that are way beyond the grasp of the average high school student. Other times, especially in the area of compositions based on the set books, the questions are vague making it difficult for student to interpret them.
How many points is B in Kenya?
Is high school hard in Kenya?
High school students work very hard in Kenya, especially at boarding school where they are tasked with up to sixteen hours a day of classes and studying. The whole experience is considered preparation for a single, comprehensive, three-week examination at the end of high school.
How do I pass KCSE Chemistry?
List of tips to help you pass KCSE Chemistry exams
- When reviewing, identify your weak areas, note them down and start tackling them one after the other.
- Start reviewing early for your chemistry exams.
- Make inquiries as much as you need to.
- Use different materials for your review process.
How do you pass geography?
Here are tips and tricks for geography which you can best use to achieve 100 in the subject.
- Revise as many times as possible.
- Make flow-charts for quick revision.
- Revise and read from NCERT textbook as the main book.
- Practice maps.
- Exercise separate questions related to maps.
- Practice data-based questions.
Which date is Kcse starting?
KCSE 2021 exams will start on Monday 8th March 2021. The first subject to start will be English Functional skills (101/1). KCSE 2021 exams will end on Wednesday 21/04/2021 with Computer Studies Practical..